Saturday, January 2, 2010

Nurse With Wound - Homotopy to Marie


This isn't a normal 'pop' album but an 'idea' album(Steve Stapleton wouldn't apply these concept to pop music until Current 93's 90s work). I suppose it's supposed to make you 'nervous' or 'creeped' out. First song is 13 minutes of bells and some brit saying to 'not be so naive'. Second song is a bunch of clicks. The final song is the only one I really enjoy, relying on drones, noise, and samples. Not sure the normal listener would understand this type of music. I do, this dates back to when I did acid and realized I don't need superfluous things like 'melody' I just needed to 'feel' the vibrations of sound waves.

7.6 but I feel this album in particular shows the subjective nature of rankings because NWW requires a more complex understanding of sound and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment